Saturday, March 2, 2013

Nabisco's "Cookies vs. Creme" campaign inspired physicist David Neevel to build a complex machine that would separate an Oreo cookie from its creme filling. Driven by his dislike for the white stuff, he invented the Oreo Separator Machine (OSM) and created a video about it, which was shot at the Mad Dog Garage in Portland.

And although my former physics professor gave me somewhat of an aversion to the science, something tells me I wouldn't mind if David tried to teach me where the ball would land if it were rolled off a slanted rooftop onto a trampoline. He has a good (subtle) sense of humor, dotted with sarcasm, that fits a man with that size of a mustache.

“I didn’t get to see my girlfriend or my dog for hours at a time sometimes, and I had to try to find a good sandwich in this part of the city."